Pumpkin Carving Part 2: Young Adult Themed Patterns

Welcome to week 2 of my Pumpkin Carving series.  Last week, I shared tips for carving great pumpkins.  This week, I’m sharing some pumpkin carving patterns based on young adult book covers and characters.

But First — TWO Contests!

Win a pumpkin carved with your choice of book cover! Contest ends October 15.

If you came here from Novel Novice to enter for the Paper Towns pumpkin or Divergent pumpkin, all you need to do is leave a comment on this post!

Pumpkins I’ve Carved

FREE Pumpkin Patterns

A friend asked about a pumpkin carving pattern featuring the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.  I couldn’t find one, so I made one myself. The lettering on the book is beautiful!  You can see a pumpkin carved with it a above.  I’m offering the pattern FREE from my blog.   Enjoy!

I found a great collection of patterns on Kate Hart’s blog.  She has a total of 20 book cover patterns available for FREE.  Some of the patterns include:

divergent pumpkin

Divergent

hush hush pumpkin

Hush Hush

anna and the french kiss pumpkin

Anna and the French Kiss

hourglass pumpkin

Hourglass

I think that Anna and the French Kiss pumpkin is calling my name… ;-)

Vampire Diaries Pumpkin Carving Patterns

I’m updating this blog post to add these new Vampire Diaries patterns from Ultimate Pumpkin Stencils:

I’ve wanted a Damon pumpkin for a while now. It’s definitely on my carving list!

Check Out This Carving Master!

Alex the Pumpkin Geek is a professional pumpkin carver. He does some really awesome work — both in the carving and in the creation of the patterns.  If you’re interested in having Alex carve you a pumpkin, you can contact him through his website.

Next Week?

Part 3 of my Pumpkin Carving series will feature Twilight pumpkins. Check back next Sunday!

Related Posts:

This entry was posted in Books, Crafts, Tv/Movies and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

22 Comments

1. Posted October 1, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Permalink

You do such a great job on these!!

2. Posted October 5, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

These are awesome! My TAB would fall in love with all of them. Program idea!

3. Abby C
    Posted October 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Permalink

Neat designs! :D

4. Posted October 5, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

THESE ARE AMAZING! I’m pretty intense with my pumpking carvings as well. Definitely going to have to do a YA themed one this year.

• Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Any idea what theme you’ll do? Will you post pictures online? :-)

5. Posted October 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Permalink

Gorgeous work! I’m jealous, I don’t even have the artistic talent to trace your carvings. :)

6. Becca R
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Permalink

Two of my loves: jack-o-laterns and YA novels. Lovely work!

7. Kenia
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

This is fantastic! I love the Divergent and Beautiful Creatures pumpkin they are awesome.

8. stephanie parke
    Posted October 6, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Permalink

Wow, what talent, I love to carve pumpkins, I carved edward and bella from the first twilight movie a few years ago and it came out great. thanks for these.

• Posted October 6, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

Thank you! Tomorrow morning’s post will be ALL about Twilight pumpkins. :-)

9. jwitt33
    Posted October 7, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

Oh my gosh! These are awesome! I’m going to try my hand with one of the easier ones, but I doubt very much anyone will be able to tell what it is when I’m finished! Thanks so much for sharing:)

10. Posted October 8, 2012 at 11:17 am | Permalink

These are way cool. Wow.

11. Posted October 14, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Permalink

Sara — please count this as @NCcoastgrl’s comment. She tried to comment but had technical difficulties.

12. Sarena
    Posted October 14, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Permalink

These are so incredible! I love the idea of giving pumpkins a new decoration twist.

13. Jolene A
    Posted October 15, 2012 at 8:33 pm | Permalink

These pumpkins are amazing!!!

Jolene and Family

14. Anne
    Posted October 17, 2012 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

ahhh i cant belive you made a divergent pumpkin!! talenntt.

15. Posted October 25, 2012 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

These are so cool and the patterns ROCK!

16. Posted October 25, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

My best friend and I have been doing a series of bootcamps to get ourselves into Dauntless shape. Her son was born on Halloween, and I’d love to be able to win the Dauntless pumpkin for her! It is amazing.

17. Sravani K
    Posted October 25, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Permalink

That’s insane and amazing I loved how you managed to combine literature into our culture

2 Trackbacks

Christie Speich

My name is Christie Speich, and I'm a chocoholic. And a wife, and a mom of two. A cross-stitcher, a quilter, and a pumpkin carver. Oh yeah, and a wanna-be-published writer.